Activation problem

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I am having problems getting this to work on a MOSS site.  It installed and deployed without any errors but when I go to calendar - settings the Enable/Disable Enhanced Calendar doesn't show up.  Enhanced Calendar List and Enhanced Calendar Webpart show up in the Site Collection Features, but if I click on activate I get "unknown error".  Any ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

Developer
Oct 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM
scotts wrote:

I am having problems getting this to work on a MOSS site.  It installed and deployed without any errors but when I go to calendar - settings the Enable/Disable Enhanced Calendar doesn't show up.  Enhanced Calendar List and Enhanced Calendar Webpart show up in the Site Collection Features, but if I click on activate I get "unknown error".  Any ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

 Please provide more details, this will help us to investigate the issue.

Try to activate feature, then please look at the GAC (C:\Windows\assembly), and let me know if "ArtfulBits.CalendarPro" is there. Also please look at the web.config file of current web application, and let me know whether <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd".. is added in configuration/system.web/httpHandlers section.

Also would be great to check SharePoint log file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS) for details in that time period.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I found this critical error in the log file when I tried to activate,

"Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '' in database 'sharepoint_config' on SQL Server...",

so it looks like database permissions are probably the issue.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I was able to activate it by using

stsadm" -o activatefeature -name artfulbits.enhancedcalendarlist -url %DEPLOYURL%

stsadm" -o activatefeature -name artfulbits.enhancedcalendarwebpart -url %DEPLOYURL%

works fine now.