Calendar page works, web part doesn't

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM

When I enable this and am on the calendar page, it works fine. When I have a page with the calendar web part on it, the page won't display and results in an error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM
sspotts wrote:

When I enable this and am on the calendar page, it works fine. When I have a page with the calendar web part on it, the page won't display and results in an error:

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Thank you for feedback.

It is current version limitation but we plan to add support of separate calendar web part in a few days.

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Fixed in version 1.1

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Awesome, I'll have to check it out next week.

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I tried version 1.2 on wss 3.0 and got the same error also at existing calendars and at new enhanced calendar:

What can be the problem? (We have .NET Framework 2.0, we afraid to upgrade to 3.5 :) )

PS: I really like the installer of your software.

Ps2: As I could see on screenshots, at adding or editing, you can only edit Title field. Is is possible somehow to edit the Location field also?

Developer
Oct 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM
rlaci wrote:

I tried version 1.2 on wss 3.0 and got the same error also at existing calendars and at new enhanced calendar:

What can be the problem? (We have .NET Framework 2.0, we afraid to upgrade to 3.5 :) )

PS: I really like the installer of your software.

Ps2: As I could see on screenshots, at adding or editing, you can only edit Title field. Is is possible somehow to edit the Location field also?

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Could you provide more details about this exception? To enable this error details please set CallStack="true" in SafeMode section and mode="Off" in customErrors section of your web.config file.

<SharePoint>
    <SafeMode CallStack="true"
</SharePoint>
<system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
</system.web>

Yes. To edit Location field and other you should click on the appointment/event link and then click "Edit Item" button.

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM

We installed .Net Framework 3.5 onto the server, and the Enhanced Calendar works good now.

Maybe AJAX is only enabled on 3.5? If yes, then you should put a Framework version checking in the installer.

Developer
Oct 6, 2009 at 8:23 AM
rlaci wrote:

We installed .Net Framework 3.5 onto the server, and the Enhanced Calendar works good now.

Maybe AJAX is only enabled on 3.5? If yes, then you should put a Framework version checking in the installer.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, Enchanced Calendar has a reference to the System.Web.Extensions (3.5.0.0 version). As it is not commercial product, we did not make custom builds.

As we published sources, you can easy modify it even yourself.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM

A couple of questions:

1. The feature has been installed and activated and the webpart appears in the Miscellaneous section of the webparts gallery.  When I add it to a page, the heading for the webpart appears but no calendar appears.  On exiting edit mode, the webpart doesn't display.  We've got .NET 3.5 installed.  Any ideas what might be going wrong?
  2. The reason I'm trying the webpart is that the Sharepoint Calendar webpart insists on using US date format in the date picker that appears in the quicklaunch area of the page.  I've been googling but no one seems to have figured out (or at least posted) how to set the date format for that date picker - the locale on the site is UK and all other date formats on the site are UK.  Does your webpart include a date picker and can the locale be configured to display the desired date/time format(s)?

Many thanks!

Developer
Oct 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM
chdub wrote:

A couple of questions:

1. The feature has been installed and activated and the webpart appears in the Miscellaneous section of the webparts gallery.  When I add it to a page, the heading for the webpart appears but no calendar appears.  On exiting edit mode, the webpart doesn't display.  We've got .NET 3.5 installed.  Any ideas what might be going wrong?
  2. The reason I'm trying the webpart is that the Sharepoint Calendar webpart insists on using US date format in the date picker that appears in the quicklaunch area of the page.  I've been googling but no one seems to have figured out (or at least posted) how to set the date format for that date picker - the locale on the site is UK and all other date formats on the site are UK.  Does your webpart include a date picker and can the locale be configured to display the desired date/time format(s)?

Many thanks!

1.  Our Calendar is an extension for standard Sharepoint Calendar list. To enable  enhanced calendar you should go to "List Settings" and click on the "Enable Enhanced Calendar" option under "General Settings". After that additional features (appointments/events adding, editing, resizing, deleting) will be enabled for this list. You can add standard list view web part with Calendar view for any page and this additional calendar feature will be enabled there.
  2. You can change current regional settigns of SharePoint site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101774731033.aspx) and new settings will be applied to standard sharepoint Calendar.