Unable to cast object type error

May 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I am running MOSS 2007 w/.Net 3.5 SP1 installed and was able to successfully install this web part, but when I tried adding the web part from the gallery and onto one of my pages, I get the following error in SharePoint.  Is there something else I need to enable/install to support this AJAX-like webpart?  I do have ASP.Net 20 AJAX Extensions 1.0 installed.

Developer
May 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM
knispetj wrote:

I am running MOSS 2007 w/.Net 3.5 SP1 installed and was able to successfully install this web part, but when I tried adding the web part from the gallery and onto one of my pages, I get the following error in SharePoint.  Is there something else I need to enable/install to support this AJAX-like webpart?  I do have ASP.Net 20 AJAX Extensions 1.0 installed.

Please look at the similar discussion http://spenhancedcalendar.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=208472.

Let me know if it helps you to resolve the problem.

May 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I added this like the discussion outlines and I don’t get the error now, but since I added the webpart to one of my pages, I can’t remove it. I created a SharePoint calendar and tried adding this webpart below it and its not working as designed. Am I still missing something here?

Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:38 AM
To: Knispel, Traci J - Raleigh, NC
Subject: Re: Unable to cast object type error [spenhancedcalendar:213904]

knispetj wrote:

I am running MOSS 2007 w/.Net 3.5 SP1 installed and was able to successfully install this web part, but when I tried adding the web part from the gallery and onto one of my pages, I get the following error in SharePoint. Is there something else I need to enable/install to support this AJAX-like webpart? I do have ASP.Net 20 AJAX Extensions 1.0 installed.

Please look at the similar discussion http://spenhancedcalendar.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=208472.

Let me know if it helps you to resolve the problem.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spenhancedcalendar@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spenhancedcalendar@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I added the assembly info into the web.config which resolved the ‘Unable to cast..’ error. How do I uninstall this web part? Also, does this web part give me the capability to add in links to SSRS reports in the calendar? This is what I’m really trying to accomplish here.

Traci Knispel

Architecture & Planning

traci.j.knispel@usps.gov

Work: (919) 501.9159

BB: (919) 522-4747